Sunday, October 24, 2010

Ugly Girls Have More Sex

Inadequacy.  We all deal with it. Some better than others.  It's an epidemic not just in america but in the entire world.  People do countless things to make themselves "enough".  Pretty enough, smart enough, rich enough.  There's a constant struggle between people and who they think they are.  An unattractive girl, when propositioned by a man, is more likely to have sex with him than if he went up to a pretty girl and said the exact same things.  A smart girl dumbs herself down in order to be more approachable than say a girl who got a perfect SAT score.  Everything about ourselves we see as inadequate, unsuitable, useless, and insufficient.  People starve themselves, cut themselves open, and do things that make them hate themselves all because they want to be like everyone else. I recently did something that i didn't want to do because i was tired of being "wrong." I won't go into details because you never know who reads what on the internet but i will tell you i hated myself for doing it, but i told him everything was ok.  Even that i had a good time which i definitely did not.  For the past 3 days i've been beating myself up for compromising what i believed and wanted and knew i should have done, for a night with a man that i don't like or even respect.  Not to mention i respect myself even less now than i did before. All because i thought i was inadequate.  I thought that because i wasn't what the world wanted me to be that if i went ahead and became what i was supposed to be, i would feel better about myself.  That was a big no-no. Now not only do i have to deal with this guy i have to live with my stupid decision forever.  And now, i'm more inadequate than ever.    

1 comment:

  1. Its ok to feel bad about it, But don't let your past self determine what your future self will be! That fact that you do feel bad about it makes you more adequate than someone else that gives into what they've done and let themselves become their mistakes. not sure if that made sense but we've already talked about it so I hope you know what I mean. I love you, Kalisse!

    ReplyDelete