Saturday, September 25, 2010

I'm a Classic

I can't believe it's my birthday.  I know it is, but it doesn't feel like it.  I woke at the same time, ate the same breakfast although i did add some bacon because i wanted to treat myself.  Then, i got ready and i added some extra nice make-up touches because i wanted to look really good today of all days.  Then, i went to work where i am currently sitting in a drab, grey, little cubby and getting phone calls, not from well wishers, but from disgruntled customers.  So it feels like any other day.  Any other incredibly dull, and kind of depressing day.  I always do this, too.  I get so excited for my birthday because i only ever get one each year and when it gets here, nothing happens.  I feel the same as i did the day before, and how i will inevitably feel the day after.  Today I turned 20.  I'm no longer a teenager, but an adult.  Except i've been an adult for 2 years already.  And i'm an adult that can't drink.  Where is the fun?  Not to mention, everything happens in your twenty's.  you graduate college (sometimes), you get married, start a family, if your lucky you buy a house, IT'S ALL TO MUCH!  I understand that all this stuff doesn't happen at the same time (if you're lucky) but just the thought of all those situations freaks me out.  That's to much responsibility.  When your married you're responsible for that other person in several different ways, when you have kids you're COMPLETELY responsible for them, you become responsible for bills, car payments, mortgage payments etc. etc. it's all to much.  I feel like i'm being suffocated by all this stuff that i don't even have to deal with yet. Ew.  

No comments:

Post a Comment